Monday, June 28, 2010

Part of chapter 2 'The Warmth of Mexico'


He was just starring off into space, someplace peaceful where his face made no expression. The only thing that moved was his hand lifting the beer to his mouth. I wondered what was going on in that head of his. So cold yet warm and loving was this mysterious boy. Travis of course had one eye on his at all times. Laughing at his own jokes with one slit second to look over at Jake. And then a re-assuring smile at me.
My lower back was getting sore from sitting in this one spot not moving like a zombie. Without trying to bring to much attention to myself I slipped out of my chair and put my arms behind my back to stretch. I pulled my hands down to pull on my shoulders, and moved my neck to each side.
As I adjusted my hair to a pony tail I looked around the bar. My stretch was successfully discreet to all as my eyes inspected the room, except to one. As I sat back down in my chair Jake was starring right at me. Still, no expression just the stoned look right into my eyes. I felt him everywhere, in the air in my skin, staring yet guarding.
My heart felt like it had been startled and jumped out of my chest. Those eyes so sexy and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment